8/6/2020 Update: Please look at the proposed CIF seasons calendar here.
All sports fall in either "Fall" or "Spring" seasons that begin in December and March respectively. Try-outs and practices are TBD.
9/23/2020 Update: Athletic Clearance is now completely online. Prior to any in-person practice, if any, student-athletes must be cleared through athletic clearance with a proper physical exam by a medical professional. We will be using Healthy Roster instead of AthleticClearance.com this year, which will transition us to a more modern platform that also allows families to keep track of the progress and treatments that our athletic training staff has provided. Additionally, there will be a streamlined platform for communication of how we can keep our student-athletes as healthy as possible.
We will begin having Training and Conditioning for Season 1 Sports on November 2nd.
Season 1 Teams are: Boys & Girls Cross Country, Football, Boys & Girls Volleyball, and Boys & Girls Water Polo.
In order to attend, the coach must know you are attending, so please contact them, and also you must have finished your athletic clearance through Healthy Roster and join the sport in which you plan on doing training and conditioning in. Anyone who is interested in these sports can join the training so long as they've done athletic clearance and let the coach know. Try-Outs are still TBD until we get closer to the start of matches for the season.
Season 2 Teams are: Badminton, Boys & Girls Basketball, Baseball, Boys & Girls Golf, Boys & Girls Soccer, Softball, Boys & Girls Swimming & Diving, Boys & Girls Tennis, Boys & Girls Track & Field, and Boys & Girls Wrestling—may begin training in December.
Season 1 Student-Athlete Information is here:
Entrances and Exits for Season 1 Sports
Season 1 Practice Schedule
Cross Country Pods
Girls Volleyball Pods
Boys Volleyball Pods
Water Polo Pods
Please note the key on each of the pods. If there is a green highlight, they are welcome to come tomorrow as long as they do a self-check at home, prior to arrival, then show a green checkmark at the check-in location. A yellow or red highlight means they are not okay to arrive on campus.
This should be done daily, prior to arrival to expedite the check-in process. Please bookmark this link: Check-In SPHS
Things to have remember for practice:
- Remember to do your Check-In to SPHS prior to arrival. Bring your phone to show the green check mark, or you can print it out. This is to be done daily.
- No parents or spectators are allowed in the facilities.
- Please have more than an ample supply of water, my suggestion is at least 40 ounces of water. We are not allowing the use of the drinking fountains, but we will have an emergency bottle refill with our Certified Athletic Trainer, Julius Murphy.
- Students must arrive and wear a face covering at all times.
- Please pack minimally
- Pick-up and drop-off locations for the stadium are on Meridian, so please have a plan in place and be courteous of our neighbors.
- The aquatics facility will be dropping off from Diamond Ave. going into the Meridian alleyway, as it is a one-way alley. Pick-up will be on Diamond Ave. Please have a plan in place and be courteous of our neighbors.
- There are no indoor facilities other than restrooms which will be for single occupancy.
Athletic Director's Message:
Welcome to South Pasadena High School Athletics!
I am excited to be your new Athletic Director for the 2020-2021 school year. I have been teaching at South Pasadena High School since 2013 and grew up just down the street in Temple City, where I went K-12. I am no stranger to the league, where I competed in Football and Track & Field, and then I coached these two sports while teaching at SPHS. I believe in the well-rounded experience that a comprehensive high-school like South Pasadena can provide - encouraging students to be actively involved in and out of the classroom. I also serve as the Junior Class Advisor, helping the Junior Class fund-raise and organize major events like the Homecoming Dance, PowerPuff Juniors vs. Senior Football, and Prom. It is my goal that every student participates in someway to round their experience here at South Pasadena.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions regarding our athletic programs.
If you need to contact our Certified Athletic Trainer, Julius Murphy, please email him at email@example.com